Depression is a mood disorder which is a more prevalent form of psychological distress. It is a common and serious illness that can affect how you feel and act in a negative manner. Depression can alter the way you think and behave which impacts all aspects of everyday life. If depression is left untreated, this may have a permanent effect on body functions. Fortunately, depression is also treatable.
Mountain View Psychiatry and TMS Inc. (MVPTMS) provides support in cases of depression and related illnesses. We are a team of highly skilled staff who are dedicated to meeting the mental health needs of Mountain View community. We are an all-encompassing environment and encourage people from all walks of life and every background.
Symptoms of Depression
Depression treatment at Mountain View Psychiatry and TMS Inc. will benefits patients who experience one or more symptoms of depression, such as
- Feelings of bleakness, sadness, restlessness and hopelessness are quite common with depression
- Mood – Apathy, boredom, discontent, guilt, anxiety, inability to feel pleasure, or emotional distress
- Cognitive – Lack of concentration, slowness in activity and thought, or thoughts of suicide
- Behavioral – Agitation, unexplained crying, irritability, self-harm, or social isolation are common depressive
- Sleep – Early awakening, over sleepiness, insomnia, groggy in the morning or restless sleep syndrome
- Loss of interest in work, hobbies, work outs, socialization and intimacy
- Body changes due to depression – Excessive hunger, loss of muscle mass, fatigue, or loss of appetite
- Weight – Severe weight gain or weight loss in a short span of time can be attributed to depression.
Depression Treatment Options at Mountain View Psychiatry
While the exact cause of depression is not known, the leading scientific theory is that depression is caused by decreased activity in the neural networks of the brain that regulate emotion and motivation. Increasing levels of neurotransmitters in the brain has been found to reactivate these neural networks, or create new networks. Neurotransmitters are chemical messengers that send signals between brain cells. Depression is most often treated with antidepressant medications. It is believed that antidepressant medications work by increasing the levels of these neurotransmitters. Check out New hope for Depression Sufferers
We at MVPTMS have the following treatment options if you suffer from depression:
- Pharmacotherapy and Medication therapy
- Talk therapy and Psychotherapy
- Group Counseling
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Inpatient and Outpatient services with focus on depression
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
TMS offers additional treatment options for people struggling with depression despite traditional medication therapy
Prevention of Depression
The key to recovery from moderate to severe depression is to ask for help and other treatment options are:
- Control stress
- Lifestyle changes
- Reach out to family & friends
- Identify symptoms at the earliest & treatment
Our compassionate services on depression have made huge differences in the lives of people from Mountain View, Palo Alto, Sunnyvale and surrounding California areas. We can help you or a loved one needing kindhearted and effective mental health treatment.
If you are affected by depression, please don’t hesitate to contact MVPTMS today by calling 650-969-6772 or contact us today to discuss options.