For your convenience we have collected here a small set of papers in a pdf format that may aid physicians and mental health professionals in reviewing clinical and research aspects of TMS.
The selection is not complete and it is driven by the copyright limitations and contains papers that are openly available on the Internet. In the selection of the material we were guided by the need of finding papers that could serve as a quick tutorial to the topic and included here academic theses as well. Please contact us if the list should be updated or the material selected should be removed. For complete and up to date selection please refer to sites of universities and major journals. In case you find it interesting and would like to add it as a blog, please do so and help us to include it in the MVPTMS blog.
- The Clinical TMS Society Consensus Review and Treatment Recommendations for TMS Therapy for Major Depressive Disorder, 2016
- Efﬁcacy and safety of deep transcranial magnetic stimulation for major depression: a prospective multicenter randomized controlled trial, Yechiel Levkovitz et al., World Psychiatry 2015;14:64–73
- Augmenting antidepressants with deep transcranial magnetic stimulation (DTMS) in treatment-resistant major depression, Marcelo T. Berlim et al., The World Journal of Biological Psychiatry, 2014; Early Online: 1–9,
- TMS for Geriatric Depression, World Journal of Psychiatry, 2015 – discusses the use of TMS in geriatric population
- Deep transcranial magnetic stimulation (DTMS) in the treatment of major depression: An exploratory systematic review and meta-analysis, Kedzior KK, at al., 2015 Nov 15;187:73-83. doi: 10.1016/j.jad.2015.08.033. Epub 2015 Aug 19.
- Is TMS cost effective?, Psychiatry Times, Nov. 9, 2016
- rTMS is an active research area, Table below lists major papers summarizing the progress in the selected areas.
Summary of major studies in rTMS for neuropsychiatric symptoms
Theses and limited distribution material: